How often do you get to produce a show with one of your favorite people/ inspiring peers?
Next Friday I'm getting to do just that, with the always wonderful Tom Blunt. He's has been hosting MEET THE LADY an excellent video variety show. (named after Tom's photo blog about women he would like to meet.)
This month he invited me to co-host and co-curate the show.
MEET THE LADY is like my "Kevin Geeks Out" series, a video variety show arranged around a theme, with guest speakers/performers, rare film clips, trivia and prizes.
The March 25th show is all about that wonderful trope: THE DREAM SEQUENCE. Our 2-hour extravaganza will include dozens of clips, plus:
- Women's weirdest dream sequences (in films that range from the obvious to the obscure)
- Tenebrous Kate looks at dreams from Italian giallo films
- Classical Harpist Riza Printup
- John Epperson (as seen in Black Swan!)
- Presentation by burlesque dancer Iris Explosion
- Free Snacks by "The Food Daddy" Cas Marino
- Joe's Pub cabaret star ("The Shells Show") Roslyn Hart
- Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab donated "Somnium" fragrance samples. Each one is meant to have a different effect on your dreams.
- and plenty more!
BUY TICKETS HERE -- there's no service charge, and this show will be sure to sell out.
MEET THE LADY: DREAM SEQUENCES
hosted by Tom Blunt and Kevin Maher
Friday March 25 @ 8pm
92Y Tribeca, 200 Hudson Street
tickets at $12
P.S. the very next night I'll be emcee'ing 92Y Tribeca's MOVIEOKE -- that's karaoke but with movies. Come by, bring a DVD of any movie and we'll show it on the big screen with subtitles (and no sound) so you can star in the scene, performing all the voices. It's a fun night of trivia, prizes and surprise stars.
* * *
BONUS MATERIAL/RELATED VIDEOS:
Here's one of my favorite episodes of THE SCI FI DEPARTMENT, shot by Jeremy Carr, edited by Eric Hendricks and co-starring Mike Birch. In this dream-like episode, Kevin falls asleep at his desk and recalls the scariest science-fiction films he's ever seen:
Another dreamy project: HAL'S NIGHTMARE, directed by Whitney Melton and co-starring Livia Scott.