Six Cool Clips Not Being Shown at WEREWOLF Night!
Friday’s Werewolf Night will be a jam-packed variety show. (You can go ahead and buy tickets here) We'll have guest speakers, readings, werewolf snacks, a howling contest, and some truly amazing footage not found on YouTube or Netflix.
But there are some very cool clips we won’t be showing for one reason or another. Here’s six of them:
1. SUPERBOY VS. WEREWOLF
I would’ve loved to include this, but the quality is pretty crummy. And no one I know has “The Adventures of Superboy” season 4 on tape.
2. LEGEND OF THE SUPERBEAST: THE WOLFMAN VS. GODZILLA
In 1980, Godzilla fought a giant, albino werewolf in this amateur Super-8 movie, which is impossible to find. Don’t worry, we have plenty of amazing werewolf battles in Friday’s show.
3. THE RATS ARE COMING, THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE
This is another case of not being able to track down high-quality footage.
4. THE WEREWOLF (1913)
The first werewolf movie ever made – it follows a Native American shape-shifter who changes into a wolf to get revenge on white settlers. They used a real wolf for the transformation scenes. I’d love to show the 18-minute movie in its entirety, but all prints were lost in 1924.
5. BROTHERHOOD OF THE WOLF
I loved this smart/stylish European movie, but those were wolf-beasts, not lycanthropes.
6. MOTEL HELL
I have a liberal definition of the “wolf man”. But I draw the line at Wolfman Jack. Too bad, I enjoyed his performance as Reverend Billy (pictured)
OTHER STUFF WE'RE NOT SHOWING... BECAUSE IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU
* The episode of Barney Miller titled "The Werewolf", only it's not about a werewolf, it's just a 1970's character actor who thinks he's a werewolf. (SPOILER!)
* The 1986 TEEN WOLF cartoon. Though it's probably better than the upcoming MTV version of Teen Wolf.
* Anything having to do with FANGFACE. If I want to watch Scooby-Doo with Werewolves, I’ll just rent Scooby-Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf. Which we also aren’t screening.